The sponsor group is a group of friends and admirers of Dömitz Fortress, which is dedicated not only to the restoration of the fortress complex, the development of the museum and the support of cultural events, but also to increasing sponsorship funding for the reconstruction of the Dömitz Fortress drawbridge.
For years, a n integral feature in the group's activities has been a charity concert of the 14th Army Music Corps, which usually attracts a crowd of 800 enthusiastic listeners into the inner courtyard of the fortress on the first weekend of school holidays in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
Since its founding, the sponsor group has financially and intellectually supported a number of different measures, including:
- the restoration of the baroque entrance to the museum
- the purchase of the display cabinets in the „Cavalier“ casemate
- the restoration of the fortress' sandstone gate
- the purchase of the „MS Dömitz“ model ship
- the setting up of the bridge model at the entrance to the fortress
- the publication of the book „Das Mecklenburger Militär“ (The Mecklenburg Military)
- the creation of a new concept for the museum
All of this could only have been made possible by membership fees, donations and proceeds from concerts. To expand our financial opportunities, we are always more than happy to welcome new faces to the group and invite them to help us out in any way they can. For a membership fee of just 30 euros per year, you can show your commitment and dedication to the fortress.
A/c no.: 1530000650, Sort code: 140 520 00
Open space on the „Dragon” bastion